Intensive Biblical Horsemanship Training
Come be our guest at 1658 Prairie Road Washington, Kansas 66968
“Many people don’t recognize the difference between conformity and submission in their horse and so miss out on the possibility of having a real right relationship with them. Likewise, many people don’t understand the difference between religion and a relationship with God and so they miss out on a real right relationship with Him. The Intensive Horsemanship Training will help you recognize the difference in both and settle for nothing less than an authentic right relationship with your horse, with others and with God!
If you are interested in developing a better understanding of the horse’s mind, reaching into the depth of the horse’s heart, and building a right relationship with your horse through willing submission rather than conformity then the Intensive Biblical Horsemanship Training is for you.
I’m not offering you an easy three step program, some new method or techniques to train your horse. Neither, am I offering you some magical, mystical religious experience to fix all your problems or solve all your relationship issues. What I am offering you is the opportunity to gain the knowledge and put into practice the Biblical principles that can lead you to a better and more meaningful relationship with your horse, others and God. The horse and human relationship offers a great visual aid to see these Biblical principles of relationship put into action, while practicing right communication skills that build confidence in both ourselves as well as our horses!
There is nothing easy about developing an honest and meaningful relationship. Relationships are hard work, they take an investment of time, energy and resources. This Intensive Biblical Horsemanship Training is directed toward those sincerely searching for a deeper understanding of the true nature of the horse, themselves, and God. It is my hope that this training will enrich people’s lives with their horses and more importantly with the True Master Jesus Christ. If you are up for the challenge of developing a deeper understanding and a greater appreciation of the horse, others, and God, then one of these weeks is for you!
I look forward to sharing the journey and trail with you as we grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!”
Participants must be 18 years old or be accompanied by a legal guardian or parent also enrolled in the same Intensive Biblical Horsemanship Training Week.
- Our indoor arena and creek provide an excellent environment for playing with and riding horses. There are hills to climb, creeks to cross and trees to ride through.
- Designed to give participants an intensive week of horsemanship training as well as sound Biblical teaching.
- This training is designed for up to a maximum of four riding participants. Small intimate groups ensure plenty of personal instruction and practice for everyone.
- Horsemanship Training includes a study of horse behavior, proper horse communication skills, round-pen work, ground work, and riding. These principles will apply to young and old horses alike as well as different breeds and disciplines.
- These sessions could include basic hoof trimming, basic equine massage, basic ranch horsemanship skills as well as other topics depending on the participant’s interests and needs.
- Bible teaching includes Building a Biblical Worldview of relationships through true horsemanship.
- Each session begins with a Meet and Greet Supper Sunday evening. It is our way of getting to know you and you getting to know us. We ask that participants arrive between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm on Sunday afternoon to have a chance to get settled in prior to supper served around 6:00 pm.
- Sessions run Monday through Friday. Each day will start at 8:00 am with breakfast and a study of Biblical principles followed by several hours of practical application of these principles while catching, handling and riding our horses. Our day will conclude around 4:00 pm to provide plenty of time for feeding our horses and cleaning their pens and stalls, as well as some down time for getting cleaned up for supper and relaxing.
- Each day will conclude with supper and a time of studying Biblical views of relationships as well as time for questions and discussion.
- The schedule is flexible however our goal is to serve you and give you the most for your investment.
- The week concludes with a Farewell Fellowship Supper Friday evening. Participants are welcome to spend Friday night and leave Saturday morning.
Pricing & Discounts:
$750/Week ($50 Discount if paid in full at the time of registration). If not paying in full at the time of registration the balance is due thirty days prior to the start of the clinic. Limited to 4 Horses only!
- Includes 5 Days of the Touch of the Master’s Hand Intensive Biblical Horsemanship Training, All your Meals, 6 Nights Lodging (shared rooms and bathroom), as well as a stall or pen for one horse.
- An Additional $50 Discount for each family member registered for the same Intensive Biblical Horsemanship Training session.
- A $100 deposit is required to reserve a spot. Deposits are non-refundable but are transferable. If not paying in full at the time of registration the balance is due thirty days prior to the start of the clinic.
- Too far to haul or just don’t want to drag a trailer? Lease a horse for the duration of the clinic $200/Horse
Lodging & Accommodations:
Our desire is for you to make yourselves at home and enjoy your time with us. We are used to a crowd around our table so come on in, kick your shoes off, relax and rest!
There are 3 Bedrooms located downstairs with a walk out basement.
- 1 Bedroom with 3 twin beds.
- 1 Bedroom with 2 twin beds.
- 1 Bedroom with 1 King-Sized Bed.
- There is one full shared bathroom downstairs with a half bath on the main floor upstairs off the kitchen.
- Towels, wash cloths, and bedding is provided!
- The main floor has an open dining room and living room area for relaxing and visiting around the fireplace with big windows overlooking the creek.
- Meals are served family style.
- If more privacy is preferred or you have dietary needs, RV Hookups are available across the creek (electricity only) or there are full hookups and a motel in town at the park less than two miles away.
Things to Bring:
- While we will be in an indoor insulated arena, the arena is not heated so participants will want weather appropriate clothes.
- Bible, Notebook and Pen.
- Feed for your horses. (Stalls have automatic waters and corner feeders in them).
- Comfortable chair for sitting while watching horses in the arena.
For more information about Becky and I please check out the other information listed on our website.
For more information about my teaching at these clinics I recommend you read my book: Touch of the Master’s Hand – A Biblical View Of Relationships Through True Horsemanship (it can be purchased through the link on our website).
“Change is Possible and this can be a life changing experience for both you and your horse!”